Cooking time: 25-30mins
Prep time: under 5 minutes
1 chicken breast per person
1 slice of prosciutto per person (optional)
Fresh vegetables for roasting eg. Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes, Courgettes, Onions, Garlic, Peppers
A little Olive Oil
Mixed herbs or Rosemary
This is one on my favourite go-to recipes for an evening meal but would work as a lunch too. As i work most nights, and hand over childcare duty to my wife as she gets in it’s great to have meals that need no other cooking instructions than “bung it in the oven”. That way she can eat when she wants and I can reheat when I get home.
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees.
- Roughly chop up some veg and chuck it in a roasting dish.
- If you want add mixed herbs or rosemary etc.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- (Optional) Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of prosciutto
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the veg
- Put in the oven for 25-30mins depending on size of chicken breasts.
- When you take it out, cut chicken in half to make sure it isn’t pink. If it is then return for 3-5mins.
- Serve the chicken on top of the veg
This can be anything that will roast so great to use up fridge bits. Best used with Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes, Courgettes, Onions, Garlic, Peppers, etc.